William Shakespeare was an incredibly talented poet and an incomparable master of the word. His works reveal the essence of human relationships.
The life of its characters is full of uncontrollable passions and emotions. His writing penetrates deep into the soul and reveals the subtle but vast inner world.
We chose the 20 immortal quotes from the greatest playwright of all time.
20. Beauty itself doth of itself persuade the eyes of men without an orator.
19. One doth not know how much an ill word may empoison liking.
18. Though this is madness, yet there is the method In’t.
17. Suit the action to the word, the word to the action.
16. When words are scarce they are seldom spent in vain.
15. There is nothing new under the sun.
14. We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
13. Love sought is good, but given unsought, is better.
12. Some rise by sin and some by virtue fall.
11. The rest is silence.
10. Teach not thy lip such scorn, for it was made for kissing, lady, not for such contempt.
9. The empty vessel makes the loudest sound.
8. A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
7. How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.
6. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
5. This above all: to thine own self, be true.
4. Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice.
3. But love is blind, and lovers cannot see.
2. Like madness is the glory of life.
1. Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.
Preview photo credit bloggang
Leave a Reply