We have heard a lot about our biological clocks and how respecting the sleep cycle can bring great health benefits. In general, people think that 7 to 8 hours is enough, but this is not always the case.
Sleep is an integral part of our lives. There is nothing better than going to bed after a long and hard day at work. Healthy sleep is very important to rest and recover. But how many hours do we need to sleep well?
Craft Side means the amount of sleep you really need based on your age.
Lack of sleep
Many of us wait for the weekend to rest. But it is better not to neglect the dream to watch the latest viral video on the Internet. First, the lack of sleep negatively affects the quality of future sleep episodes. Second, this lack of sleep has a detrimental effect on our health.
Not getting enough sleep weakens our immunity and can have serious consequences also the risk of developing the following problems and diseases:
- Changes in hormonal function.
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Visual disability
In addition to all this, bad sleep negatively affects the body and appearance. As a result, weight gain, eye circles, paleness and poor appearance come true. This lack of sleep also leads to low concentration, decreased daily efficiency and premature aging.
Age and sleep
Age not only affects our condition and body function. Scientists have established the connection between age and the number of hours needed to sleep well.
- 0-3 months: 14-17 hours
- 4-11 months: 12-15 hours
- 1-2 years: 11-14 hours
- 3-5 years: 10-13 hours
- 6-13 years: 9-11 hours
- 14-17 years: 8-10 hours
- 18-25 years: 7-9 hours
- 26-64 years: 7-9 hours
- More than 65 years: 7-8 hours.
The older the person, the less sleep recovery is required. Babies up to 3 months need more sleep. Children under 18 must sleep more than 8 hours per night. After that, the required amount of sleep is significantly reduced and changes only after the person reaches 65 years of age. But don’t forget that each person has their own individual needs, which can change these numbers.
It is important to pay close attention to the quality and duration of sleep you are receiving. Lack of sleep can lead to poor health. You can use the following tips to get enough sleep and feel fresher every day:
- Keep your days and nights apart. It is important to remember that people should stay awake during the day and sleep at night. If you break this scheme, you probably have trouble sleeping.
- Fall asleep and wake up at the same time every day.
- Do not drink tonic drinks before bedtime.
- Do not overeat at night.
- Create a warm and comfortable atmosphere in the room.
- Choose a comfortable bed and quality bedding.
- A short walk outdoors will help you fall asleep faster.
- Try not to use appliances before going to bed and turn off the appliances at night.
- Pay attention to physical activity and relaxation techniques.
Getting enough sleep is not that complicated. You can improve your sleep by performing these simple actions. And in return, you will be happy and healthy.
How many hours of sleep do you normally need? And how do you relax before bedtime? Tell us in the comments.
Read Other Health Articles
- How Our Bodies Change After 30, and Why Our Faces Can Age So Drastically
- What Can Happen to Your Body If You Sit With Crossed Legs Often
- Why We Shouldn’t Read While on the Toilet
- Why You Should Always Take Your Jewelry Off Before Going to Bed
- 7 Common Things We Don’t Realize Can Get Us Addicted