Today we rounded up some of the most interesting psychological facts that will not only give you a meaningful perspective on how you see the world but will also help you reach out and better understand the people around you.
20. It takes people about 66 days to form a new habit.
19. Recalling facts is easier with your eyes closed.
18. The brain and the gut are closely connected which explains why some emotions, especially stress, affect the physiological function of the gut.
17. Loving an imaginary or idealized image of a person is not the same as loving a person just the way they are.
16. Writing down your dreams can help you formulate them more clearly.
15. Compared to the other senses, the sense of smell is most closely linked with memory.
14. Being able to think about how we think is a sign of higher intelligence.
13. Every man has 3 characters – that which they exhibit, that which they have, and that which they think they have.
12. Dreamers tend to have more dreams and are more likely to remember them.
11. The most important source of a child’s happiness is family and close friends.
10. Speaking in a calm and quiet voice while arguing with someone will help you dominate your opponent.
9. People who are grateful are likely to be happier.
8. Speaking 2 languages can delay the onset of alzheimer’s disease.
7. People who are in love behave similarly to people suffering from mental disorders.
6. The most effective way to memorize things is to take a 10-minute break for every 30-50 minutes of learning.
5. People tend to form strong emotional connections with people they are singing with.
4. If you spend just 10 minutes writing about your worries before an exam, chances are you will get a higher score.
3. A lack of sleep causes irritability and increases the risk of developing depression.
2. The 5 most common nightmares are: falling, being chased, feeling trapped, being late, and suffering the death of a close family member.
1. People tend to make decisions more quickly when they need to go to the bathroom.
Do you already know what’s wrong with this picture?
The lips and eyes are reversed, confusing your brain. It also attracts your attention long enough to get you interested. 🙂
Preview photo credit depositphotos