One of the best ways to reduce the risk of heart disease is to focus on your abs. At least the scientists suggest that! According to recent studies, keeping your waist low has a positive effect, not only on mood and appearance: it can really protect your health.
We have put together the 8 best flat stomach exercises you can do in the comfort of your home in just 30 days. Every day you will need only 10 minutes of your time to perform these exercises and you will see amazing results during your first week.
Your daily routine should start with 4 exercises of your choice. Each must be done during the indicated period of time with an interval of 10 seconds. Be sure to repeat twice during each session.
Easy Exercise For Flat Belly At Home
#1. The Rectus Abdominis
When people usually think of a “six-pack”, this is the muscle they are talking about. The abdominal rectum is placed between the ribs and the pubic bone in front of the pelvis.
This muscle can be worked in 2 different ways:
- Bringing the chest to the pelvis
- Bringing the pelvis to the chest
#2. 1 Crunch, 15 times
Crunches are a classic exercise to define the abdominal muscles and are ideal for toning the rectus abdominis and oblique muscles.
- Lie on your back on the floor or on a comfortable carpet.
- Bend your knees.
- Lift your shoulders toward the ceiling with your abdominal muscles and pause at the top.
#3. Double Leg Reach, 10 times
- Lie on your back with your legs straight and your arms up.
- Lift your feet off the floor at a 45-degree angle with your abdominal muscles and take a break from the top.
- Then, lie down slowly, keeping your arms and legs straight.
#3. Arm Plank With Knee Dip, 15 times
This exercise works not only the abs but also the arms, buttocks, shoulders, and legs.
- Place yourself in the plank position with the weight resting on your hands.
- Then, bend the left knee toward the waist, turn it upwards and hold it for a few seconds.
- Pull your leg back and repeat it again with the correct one.
#4. Roll-ups, 10 times
Roll-ups strengthen the abs while increasing the flexibility of the spine.
- Lie on your back with your arms and legs straight.
- Lift your arms up and forward and use your abs to slowly roll to a sitting position.
- Squeeze the abs again and slowly lower to the starting position.
#5. Plank hip dips, 20 times
Plank hip dips are ideal for beginners who try to strengthen their abdominal muscles.
- Begin in a flexion position with your elbows on the floor while resting on your forearms. Keep your arms at a 90-degree angle.
- Arch your back slightly.
- Lift the buttocks towards the ceiling, squeezing the abs tightly to decrease the distance between the ribcage and the hips.
- Descend back to the starting position.
#6. Boat pose aka Navasana, 1 time
- Sit with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Lean back slightly and lift your feet off the floor.
- Extend your arms in front of you.
- Keep your knees straight for 30 seconds to 1 minute, and your body weight will depend on your abdominal muscles.
#7. Windshield, 10 times
This exercise is ideal for strengthening the entire body and should be done at the end of the workout.
- Lie on your back with your knees straight and your legs straight.
- Stretch your arms at your sides.
- Take off your lower abdomen.
- Drop your legs slowly to the side.
- Repeat with the opposite side.
#8. Climbers, 15 times
- Enter the position of the board, hands, and feet.
- Place your hands about shoulder-width apart.
- Then, pull the right knee against your chest as much as you can.
- Change and do the same with the other knee and remember to keep your hips low.
These exercises are ideal for training at home. You don’t need any special equipment to execute them, just your own body and your own will. Feel free to share with us in the comments which exercise is your favorite and which one you think helped you the most.
Have a happy workout!