Life changes every day. Something disappears in the past, clearing the way for something new. You can’t always keep up with the pace of change.
Craft Sides selected a few photos that remind us of how much the world has changed over the past century. It is almost impossible to imagine what things were like all those years ago.
1. Сheap horses and expensive cars.
Cheap cars and very expensive horses.
2. A dangerous toy for daredevils.
A comfortable and safe method of transport.
3. To call a different country, you must rent a phone booth.
Virtual meetings with people from any country, without leaving your room.
4. Most people, like O’Henry, do not reach 48.
Life only begins at 50.
5. The discovery of penicillin and the beginning of the era of antibiotics.
Organs can be 3D printed in the era of genetic engineering.
6. Alternating current is a dangerous toy from Nikola Tesla.
The basis of modern urban life.
7. Bathe once a week with boric acid instead of shampoo.
Daily showers and hundreds of washing products.
8. London to New York in 5 days.
London to New York in 6 hours.
9. One song on a huge plastic gramophone record.
All the music in the world in a small player.
10. Gasoline is sold in pharmacies and stores.
Solar energy and electric batteries.
11. Women in excessively revealing bathing suits.
A woman in an ordinary bathing suit.
Preview photo credit Leicestershire County Council Museums Service